Skip to main content

On Women

So, on Women eh?
Well, I would be frank with you reader, I like women in general. I like them a lot. They are incredibly courageous, brave, strong, intelligent, caring and wise, how can I not like them! This is speaking in general of course, there are certainly some people whom we would all better do without, but on the whole I find, all the women I have met, beautiful and awesome, both on their physical form and on the metaphysical one.


How many a role a woman plays over the course of her life. For some they are a Sister, to some other they are a Mother, and yet to others they are a partner and a friend. And how efficiently they play out all the roles. Like some heavenly presence. All the while going through all that discrimination, mistreatment, disrespect, violence and what not that a woman has to go through almost everywhere. At most places in the world, even if it only a short walk to the neighborhood market, they have to worry about what they are wearing, how they are looking, etc., lest some evil eyes befall on them. Though it is the 21st century now, the most modern we have ever been till date, there are still instances of female infanticide, dowry, and other inhuman misogynistic practices taking place on a regular basis. To this day the voice of woman is frowned upon, questioned and quietened. When they try to stand up, all is done to subdue them, to crush them. We see it in our daily lives, we see it in the beauty thresholds which the society puts up for them, we see it in the contrast between the adjectives that are used to describe men and women, between beautiful and not so beautiful, we see it in the types of jobs and designations that are open for women, we see it in the multitude of labels that are put on them. And yet, in spite of all these things holding them back, women rise. They thrive. They stand up, they fight and they win. And that is what is so inspiring, so motivating, so encouraging to me. I want to be like them. I want to have their will, their determination to succeed. I want to have their energy, their enthusiasm and their joy to rise above all odds and shine. With half of the advancements in science and technology been made by women and girls from everywhere, I don't get what the hell are all the men so proud of? Even in the case when some discovery, some invention, some radical change is brought forth by men, most of the times, it only shows the gruel his mother went through in the years past to nurture him.

As written elsewhere for the International Women's Day, there are three women who have been pivotal in shaping me over the years and would continue to do so in the years to come. First my Mum, second my Sis and third my sweetheart. My Mum has taught me everything that I know. However if I were to pin point any two things in particular, they would be, loving care and sacrifice. Mum teaches me how to care for others. She teaches me the value of sacrificing our own wishes in order to acknowledge the ones for our dear ones. My Mum is an eternity within herself. She is the breath of the universe for me. All of my life cannot do justice to even a day of her life that she has so contently given for her children. My Sis teaches me compassion, friendship, braveness and perseverance. And my dearest sweetheart teaches me love, kindness and the courage to dream. Their presence gives a whole new dimension to my goals and dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write?

Initially I wanted to title this post,  On writing Diaries , however this thought-provoking question is far better. Although it may take me a long time to be an author per se, more or less, I have been a continuous writer since my seventh grade. What started with jotting down non-sense farce on daily routines during the middle school years, has now grown into some fierce rhetoric on vast ranging topics important to me in general. So, what is it about writing that I like so much? Unlike most of my friends, what has made me go on for so long now? Why do I write? And why do I plan to write more vigorously, more persuasively and more indiscriminately than ever in the coming future? Well, there isn't any plain simple answer to these. I write because I like to write. I write because it gives reality to all of these thoughts inside my head which couldn't find an route through the tongue. I write because it often makes me feel good. I write because I find this the best way to convey my

astropy@GSoC Blog Post #3, Week 3

So, it's the start of the 3rd week now. I will be virtually meeting Aarya and Moritz again Tom. For the past few weeks now, I have been pushing commits to a Draft PR  https://github.com/astropy/astropy/pull/11835  on GitHub. I wanted to have something working quite early in the project, in order to be able to pinpoint accurately when something doesn't work. This is why I started with directly adding the cdspyreadme code within Astropy. Afterwards, I am also writing the code from scratch. As more of the required features from cdspyreadme get integrated into cds.py , those files and codes added earlier will be removed. About the reading/writing to Machine Readable Table format, in fact I wrote about it briefly in my GSoC Proposal that I could attempt it as an extension. I don't have an opinion on whether or not it should have it's own format classes etc. However, since the title of my GSoC project is to Add a CDS format writer to Astropy , I would prefer to work on the

Review: Homo Deus by Yunal Noah Harari

Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari My rating: 5 of 5 stars It took me a long time to finish reading Homo Deus . And I think the long duration was well worth it. Homo Deus is not the ordinary everyday stale non-fiction that one comes across. It is a masterpiece in its own right. But for the Sapiens , I don't recall having read any other book that stimulated thinking to the degree Homo Deus does. The book starts off almost right away from where its predecessor, Sapiens , ended. A New Human Agenda , that of seeking eternal youth , bliss and divinity , is put forward for the 21st Century. Since the dawn of Humankind, the persistent goal of any population has been to have sufficient food to quench hunger, to have health measures to fight infections and diseases and to be at peace with neighbouring kingdoms. With the advent of the modern technology and the unprecedented progress it has made over the last few decades, the goals have changed now. Rest of the