Skip to main content

astropy@GSoC Blog Post #2, Week 1&2

Hi,

How are you?

So, it's been two weeks of astropy@GSoC work already. Of course I have been damn busy! With the last commit made to the draft PR https://github.com/astropy/astropy/pull/11835, a few hours back, I have successfully written a basic CDS writer. And voilà it works, albeit without the ReadMe at present! 😁

Note that I am quite unlikely to go into technical details here in these posts. There are two reasons for this. Hhm..., Na I guess there's just one single reason. It would be too repetitive a task to write them. I already write aplenty about those in the GitHub comments and other communications. And of course, the whole codes I am writing during the project are available publicly on GitHub, for the overly curious kind. Moreover, the final report is gonna have more than ample discussion too, because I like to explain myself a lot. 😐 What then is the need to write all that here again? So consider these posts my plain uncouth thoughts, which in any case, I suppose, aligns more with the spirit OpenAstronomy asks these for.

On a second important point, honestly, these Astropy people are really intelligent. It would appear, even more as the project progresses, that they knowingly marked a normal project as Easy to lure some innocent students! 😂

Anyway, Bye.

See ya the next time! 🙋‍♂️



Comments

  1. The best kind of projects get difficult with time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I write?

Initially I wanted to title this post,  On writing Diaries , however this thought-provoking question is far better. Although it may take me a long time to be an author per se, more or less, I have been a continuous writer since my seventh grade. What started with jotting down non-sense farce on daily routines during the middle school years, has now grown into some fierce rhetoric on vast ranging topics important to me in general. So, what is it about writing that I like so much? Unlike most of my friends, what has made me go on for so long now? Why do I write? And why do I plan to write more vigorously, more persuasively and more indiscriminately than ever in the coming future? Well, there isn't any plain simple answer to these. I write because I like to write. I write because it gives reality to all of these thoughts inside my head which couldn't find an route through the tongue. I write because it often makes me feel good. I write because I find this the best way to convey my

More reliance on technology means lesser human thinking ability!?

To a great extent I disagree with the statement that more reliance on technology will surely deteriorate human thinking ability. I find this idea to be faulty and based on some short term focus on human behavior. In my opinion the time period talked of is increased and a broader outlook is taken, technology will more probably become an integral part of our lives. In contrast to declining the human intellect, technological aides like hearing machines and seeing glasses will complement our abilities to interact with nature and greatly enhance our experiences.  Image © The New York Times Company Further, the statement appears dubious when one considers even our own present day experiences. For instance, the other day I saw a live telecast of the graduation ceremony of IIT Bombay on the internet. Owning to the COVID-19 condition, this year's batch had to rely upon tele-conferencing technologies to at

An Ordinary Day

To a majority of us, it is a known fact that some days are actually longer than a day. The day in question, however, wasn't. It was in fact meant to be one of the driest and the most barren of the days. The kind of a day one mostly spends snug on the bed with the largest exertion afforded to the limbs being the quiet finger pressings on a touch screen. And yet, looking back now, the singular chain of events from that day, though ordinary in themselves, assume such a perplexing proportion when taken together, that the day has remained so unequivocally imprinted in my mind. At that time I was working as a JSPS Post-Doctoral fellow in the Department of Physics at the University of Tokyo. I had come to Japan from India as a Master’s student about six years prior and had been living in Tokyo since then. Following the PhD degree, owing to my fascination with the city and in order to satisfactorily sum up my current research, I had chosen to continue at the